Ayon Spirit V PA
Ayon Spirit V/PA
Stereo Power Amplifier
For over 4 decades, Ayon Audio has been handcrafting world class vacuum tubes and vacuum tube audio equipment, setting the benchmark and new standards for high end audio performance. Altruistic reliability, product durability, Ayon Iconic design and superb resale value.
Since the very first Ayon Spirit market launch in 2008, the New Ayon Spirit V/PA is astonishing consumers and professionals with a new benchmark of sonic precision and performance reliability. The Ayon Audio Spirit V P/A inspires the admiration and loyalty of Audiophiles worldwide. Styled to fit a new, modern design with unsurpassed audio quality.
The Pure Class A Spirit V P/A is a new generation of a fully balanced design, vacuum tube KT150 stereo power amplifier, 70+70 Watts RMS, Pentode, Triode operation. It took years of development and refinement resulting in unique minimalist true balanced circuit topology to produce an accurate and seductive holographic soundstage. Musical finesse with fine details and powerful performance has been combined, without compromise, into one convenient chassis with affordable pricing. We are confident that the value and musical performance will again set a new musical experience in high end audio.
Features & Design
This full featured, true balanced, vacuum tube stereo power amplifier is switchable between pentode and triode mode, no ultra-linear, using KT150 power output tubes. It is also ideal for difficult loudspeaker loads.
The proper choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound, hence, the inspiration and joy of listening. Not only is there a decision between good and bad tubes, but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination, that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft start power up for extended tube life
● Power tube and electronic protection circuit system
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for the purest musical sound and high reliability
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best waveform
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● Automatic and manual bias adjustment
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● High quality parts throughout
● Selector switch engages relays located near the RCA jacks to switch all inputs
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Low noise – insulated power transformers
● Power transformer is encased, accurately damped and RFI/EMI shielded
● Innovative power supply provides high speed energy delivery on transients
● Choke filtered power supply
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● High current filament regulator for prestage and driver tubes
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● High capacitance energy storage.
● Current in rush limiting
● Auto sequencing – Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased reduction of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole high end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for a quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the fast and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the mids and the highs. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and has been given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
● Ground switch
● Central one point star earth grounding
● Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super wide bandwidth output is this transformer’s major strength. It can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the mids and the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
● Super wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
● Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship, of which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● Special tube sockets with beryllium copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
● WBT NextGen – binding posts
● High quality – RCA input jacks
● Neutrik/Swiss – XLR chassis connectors
● Special isolated – internal wiring
● Silver copper matrix – internal signal cable
● Gold plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade elegant aluminum chassis plays an integral part producing a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat dissipating chassis
● Custom made machined control knobs
● The aluminum feet are resonance absorbing types
● Backlit “ayon” logo
● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
● Ground switch
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Amplifier||Ayon Spirit V PA – Class A|
|Class of Operation||Triode* or Pentode mode, Class-A*|
|Tube Complement||4 x KT150 – 2x 12AX7 – 2x 6SN7|
|Load Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Bandwidth||12Hz – 60kHz|
|Output Power-Pentode mode KT88||2 x 70 W|
|Output Power-Triode mode KT88||2 x 45W|
|Input sensitivity for full power||700mV|
|Input Impedance at 1 kHz||100 KΩ|
|Inputs||1 x XLR In, 1 x RCA In|
|Dimensions (WxDxH) cm||48x37x25 cm|
Specifications subject to change without notice