Ayon CD-T II Transport
“Best Sound” Cost No Object LA Audio Show 2017 – The Show Newport 2016
Robert Harley & Neal Gader
The Absolute Sound Magazine Award
Ayon CD-T II – Tube Transport – Vacuum Tube
The CD-T Mk II was designed to play compact discs with a new stunning level of resolution, dynamics and musical naturalness. The overall sense of transparency and purity is simply breath-taking, offering a sense of relaxed intimacy with the recorded performance. The CD-T Mk II is perfectly engineered with a very high quality build.
Full-featured Top Loader CD-Transport
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Warm up function
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No DC servo that degrades the signal
● High quality parts throughout
● Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
● Low jitter digital audio clock system
● High precision clock
● 6H14 tube (digital output – signal buffer)
● A virtually jitter-free – 1 picoseconds – digital clocking system
● Digital output – S/PDIF (RCA), BNC, I2S, AES/EBU (XLR)
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the CD-mechanism and digital signal.
● 2 separate R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital audio signals & CD-mechanism
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● 6 separate FET voltage regulators
The type of parts used, therefore, must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of, which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High quality grade E-capacitors
● High quality – RCA, BNC & XLR jack
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis imparts a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Backlit function buttons
● Modified suspension system to isolate the CD-transport from mechanical vibrations
● Anti-vibration magnetic integral CD-clamp system combined with dark acrylic CD-cover
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
Specifications subject to change without notice