Ayon S-10 II Transport
The S10II-T is a new outstanding Network-Transport design with its “tube buffered digital output stage” and a PCM-DSD converter and internal “server” option. The Network-Transport can be connected with any external DAC or CD-player with a digital input (DAC section). The S-10 II-T includes a music network player, computer playback, USB drive playback and a scalable digital volume control system.
Special attention was paid to the power supply and the digital output signal, because this digital interface is significantly involved to achieve “analog-magic” sound properties in the external DAC to a large extent. The S10-T was developed to get all the advantages of a so-called “MHz tube” in the digital output stage and in combination with streaming. The S-10 II-T combines both in a unique way and offers a new dimension of sound far beyond its class.
F e a t u r e s & D e s i g n
Full-featured Music Network-Transport
Vacuum-tube buffered digital output stage
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- User interface on QVGA 5” TFT display
- Tidal – online streaming
- HiResAudio – online streaming
- Qobuz – online streaming
- Spotify – online streaming
- Airable Services
- AYON Controller app for iOS & Android
- DSD (DIFF, DSF)
- RJ45/LAN Gigabit Ethernet
- USB “A” input – for external disk or Memory stick
- USB “A” Output – PCM and DSD
- Digital output / Streamer – S/PDIF (RCA)
- Digital volume control
- PCM → DSD converter (up to 256x switchable) for all PCM signals (optional)
- Separate Server with Harddisk (SSD variable diskspace – optional)
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Warm up function
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No DC servo that degrades the signal
- High quality parts throughout
- MHz- tube (digital output – signal buffer)
- Ethernet ( RJ45 )
- Digital output for PCM – S/PDIF (RCA), AES/EBU (XLR), TosLink, BNC and I2S
- Digital output for DSD – 3 x BNC
- Digital volume control
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformers for digital & vacuum tube separated
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- 8 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade capacitors
- High quality special tube sockets with gold pins
- High quality – RCA, BNC & XLR jack
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high-grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Network-Player||Ayon S-10 II – T|
|Conversion rate||Up to 768kHz / 32 bit & DSD256|
|Streamer||Stream Unlimited – Austria|
|Tube complement for S-10 II – T (Signature)||2 x ECC84 (Triode)|
|Tube complement for S-10 II – T (standard )||1 x ECC84 (Triode)|
|Dynamic range||> 120dB|
|Volume control mode (digital)||Yes|
|Digital output||S/PDIF (RCA), AES/EBU, USB (PCM & DSD), I2S, BNC, TosLink|
|Digital output – DSD (optional)||3 x BNC ( DSD-L, DSD-R, WCLK )|
|Network inputs||RP-SMA plug Wi-Fi Aerial input (“wireless” network connection)|
UTP RJ45 10/100Mbps socket (“wired” network connection)
|S/N ratio||> 110 dB|
|Total correlated jitter||<5 picoseconds peak to peak|
|Dimension (Wide x Deep – incl. terminals x High – incl. feet) cm||48 x 39 x 12 cm|
|Dimension – shipping carton||60 x 50 x 25 cm|
|Weight, unit only||12 kg|
|Weight (in shipping carton & incl. accessories)||15 kg|
Ayon reserves the right to make improvements which may result in specification or feature changes without notice.
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.