AXPONA Show Winner – Positive Feedback Editors Choice “Audio Oasis” Award!
“Best Sound” Cost No Object LA Audio Show – The Show Newport
Robert Harley & Neal Gader
The Absolute Sound Magazine Award
Ayon CD-35 Tube CD Player – SACD Player Tube DAC – Preamp
SACD – PCM to DSD 128 & 256 – DSD Professional Use – DAC – Streamer – Analog Pre-amplifier – Analog RCA & XLR inputs – Volume Control 100% Analog Domain – Vacuum Tube
Check out this review:
The Ayon CD-35 establishes a new benchmark in SE-Triode vacuum-tube CD/SACD-Player performance by combining a fully balanced PCM-DSD DAC.
The CD-35 is also prepared for computer playback and general DSD professional audio use. The CD-35 is in many respects a new ground-breaking CD/SACD-Player design with an advanced technology like a new vacuum tube output stage, new magnetic clamp system with separate CD-LID, new DAC design and a switchable PCM-DSD converter (DSP module).
Based on a zero-feedback, pure tube circuit design and a tube rectified power supply, the CD-35 reveals the manifold layers of music with utmost transparency while projecting a deep and highly focused 3D soundstage. Its bass is extended and powerful, its midrange pure, liquid and permeated with natural warmth, while the top is extraordinarily clean and finely detailed. This Reference CD/SACD-Player offers an uncompromising quality level in every aspect. The CD-35 is one of the most exciting CD/SACD-Players with vacuum-tube output stage, and the best sounding CD/SACD-Player that Ayon Audio ever built.
Features & Design
Full-featured Tube Top Loader CD/SACD-Player
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Warm up function
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
● No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path )
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● No DC servo that degrades the signal
● High quality parts throughout
● Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
● Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
● The volume is controlled in the analogue domain
● DAC digital input – S/PDIF (RCA) , AES/EBU (XLR), I2S, BNC, USB, 3 x BNC for DSD;
● Digital output – S/PDIF (RCA)
● Ultra-low jitter internal clock generator
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source which is a critical attribute for a 6H30/5687 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● 2 separate R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital & analog
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● Tube rectification for 6H30/5687 analog output stage
● Choke filtering for 6H30/5687
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for 6H30/5687
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● 10 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used, therefore, must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship, of which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● High quality special tube sockets with gold pins
● Superior capacitors
● High quality – RCA & XLR jack
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis imparts a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Backlit function buttons
● Modified suspension system to isolate the SACD/CD-transport from mechanical vibrations
● Anti-vibration magnetic CD-clamp system with dark acrylic CD-LID
● Front panel descriptions are engraved
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|768kHz / 32 bit & DSD 256
|Fully symmetrical / AKM-Japan
|DSP module (option)
|PCM→DSD & DSD→DSD
|2x 6H30 – 2x 5687 – 1x GZ30
|Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB Low
|2.5V fixed or 0 – 2.5 V rms variable
|Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB High
|5V fixed or 0 – 5V rms variable
|Output impedance Single-Ended-RCA
|~ 300 Ω
|Output impedance Balanced-XLR
|~ 300 Ω
|75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA)
|75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA), USB, I2S, BNC, AES/EBU,
3 x BNC for DSD
|> 119 dB
|20Hz – 50kHz +/- 0.3dB
|Total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz
|RCA & XLR
|Dimension (WxDxH) cm
|18.89 x 15.35 x 4.72 inches
|48 lbs unit only – Shipping 54 lbs
Specifications subject to change without notice
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.