Ayon HA-3 Tube Headphone Amp
Ayon HA-3 Tube Headphone Amp – Pure Class A Triode
Ayon HA-3 “STATE – OF – THE ART”
The HA-3 was developed for headphone lovers searching exclusively the very special music experience.
It will impress you with it’s Single-Ended-Triode technology taken to its respective extremes by Ayon–in all their products. Selected in-house AA45 Mesh super triodes, perhaps the most perfect and best sounding low-power triode for headphone amp design, are used in combination with special super-permalloy wound output transformers.
The HA-3 deliberately omitted all useless gimmicks. The HA-3 is designed without compromise in its circuitry as well as in its power conditioning; therefore, a separate top-class power supply was inevitable. It guarantees extraordinary voltage, current stability and the lowest hum.
With its powerful, airy, and lively play, paired with emotional reproduction and spatiality; the HA-3 drives every dynamic headphone to an absolutely maximum tonal performance. It accentuates everything from treble in brilliant resolution, to absolutely authentic colorful mid-range and a deep resilient bass. At the same time, it fascinates us by its incredible ease in transition, it replicates reality and has control of any kind of reproduction that is second to none.
Features & Design
Full-featured pure class-A tube stereo headphone amplifier
Ayon AA45 Mesh power output tubes
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound, and hence, on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes, but the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination, that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
● Automatic bias adjustment
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● Quality parts throughout
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Low noise –insulated power transformers
● Power transformer is excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Choke filtered power supply
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● High current filament-regulator for pre/driver tubes
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies. This dramatically improves the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
● Super-wide bandwidth high performance – super permalloy output transformer
● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
● Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
● High quality – RCA input jack
● Special isolated – internal wiring
● Copper matrix – internal signal cable
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat ventilation chassis
● Custom-made machined control knobs
● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
● Chassis finish: black / black
|Tube Headphone amp||Ayon HA-3|
|Class of Operation||Pure Class A, SE-Triode|
|Tube Complement||2 x AA45 Mesh, 2 x 12AU7|
|S/N Ratio||> 100dB (unweighted)|
|Input Impedance||50 kΩ|
|Frequency Response at 32Ω||15 Hz – 35kHz|
|Harmonic Distortion (at 150mV )||< 0.01%|
|Channel Separation L/R||> 89dB|
|Output Power at 32Ω||500mV|
|Output Impedance – Headphone||16Ω – 600Ω|
|Line Input||RCA phono sockets|
|Headphone output||¼” Stereo Jack (6.35mm)|
|Power Consumption||~ 65W|
|Dimensions Main Unit (WxDxH) cm||22x30x20 cm|
|Dimension Power Supply (WxDxH) cm||22x30x10 cm|
|Weight (Power Supply)||11kg|
Specifications subject to change without notice.