Ayon Crossfire EVO Delta
Ayon Crossfire EVO – “Delta” Integrated
Many of our clients have asked for a more powerful integrated SET amplifier that meets Ayon’s outstanding design standards, by using the same kind of Ayon’s super triode power tube and design employed in our Vulcan Evo monoblock amplifier. The Crossfire Evo “Delta” is the answer and offers true single-ended operation with the ability to delivers high current & voltage for best life-like sound performance realism. Even more, this amplifier in many areas is a completely new development with many technical particularities.
All the Crossfire Evo “Delta” new driver- and gain stages have been re-designed and optimized as well to provide for the shortest signal path and the most direct signal flow. Another highlight besides a new volume control is a refined output transformer with new coil technology by means of which the amplifier in the lower frequency range can work significantly more stable without limiting its fresh, vivid, and holographic typical Ayon sound performance. New super strong power transformers combined with more powerful power and driver stage chokes assure the increased peak current consumption of the power supply. The result is a significant advance in sonic performance, wider and deeper holographic 3D airy soundstage with more fine details, smooth-transparent midrange and frequency extension opens a new musicality quality in its single-ended triode integrated power amplifier class. Throughout, the new Crossfire Evo “Delta” is engineered without compromises and a new Milestone in its category.
F e a t u r e s & D e s i g n
Full-featured class-A / DHT vacuum tube stereo power amplifier
AA62B-S Power output tubes high peak current & high voltage delivery
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers. Today only few manufacturers still produce tubes for pure audio amplification; one of them is Ayon Audio with its outstanding single-ended triode power tubes (AA32B-S, AA52B-S and AA62B) based on the WE 300B.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our SE-Triode amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- tube and electronic protection circuit system
- 0dB negative feedback
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- No solid state devices in the signal path
- High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- External static bias adjustment
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
Single ended amps are more susceptible to power supply aberrations than push-pull amplifiers. The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a single-ended amplifier. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- 2 separate low noise –insulated power transformers
- Power transformers are encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Quadruple choke filtered power supply for Ayon AA62B-S
- Choke filtered power supply for pre and driver stage
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification/li>
- Separate high current filament-regulators for pre and driver tubes
- Tube regulated power supply (Ayon AA5U4G)
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit
- High capacitance energy storage
- Current in-rush limiting
- Auto sequencing – Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full-bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized. There is a delicate balance in the relationship between the positive and negative legs of the signal.
- Ground switch
- Central one-point star earth grounding
- Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
- Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
- High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
- Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
- Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
- WBT NextGen/Germany – binding posts
- Special isolated – internal wiring
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
- All wiring to the circuit boards is done with the use of special pluggable pin-connectors.
This is done for ease of repair should ever the need arise.
The high-grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Improved heat ventilation chassis
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- Backlit “ayon” logo
- All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
- Ground switch
- Bias analog-instrument with mV scale
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Amplifier||Ayon Crossfire Evo – Integrated|
|Class of Operation||Pure Class-A / DHT|
|Load Impedance||4 & 8 Ohms|
|Output Power||2 x 50 Watt|
|Frequency Response||8 Hz – 50 kHz/ -3 dB|
|Input Impedance at 1 kHz||100 KΩ|
|S/N ratio at full power||98 dB|
|Inputs & Output||3xLine In, 1x XLR In, 1xDirect In, 1x Pre out|
|Dimensions (WxDxH) cm||52x42x25 cm|
|Shipping weight||62 kg|
Specifications subject to change without notice
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.