Ayon Scorpio Mono
Ayon Scorpio Tube Mono Amps – Pure Class A Monoblock Amplifiers
The Scorpio represents a dramatic rethinking of economic vacuum tube based monoblock amplifier.
The Scorpio monoblock combines neutrality, realistic dynamics and power projection– true musicality with high resolution.
Perfect finish, elegant discrete design and outstanding sonic performance make the “Scorpio” unique. These qualities create a new “value for the dollar” standard in its price class for monoblock designs.
Refined, but not analytical – organic & natural sonic signature. Wall to wall three dimensional soundstage!
Features & Design
Full-featured vacuum tube mono power amplifier
Switchable between pentode and triode mode
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound, and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. It is not only the decision between good and bad tubes, but the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Power vacuum tube and electronic protection circuit system
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● Automatic and manual bias adjustment
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● High quality parts throughout
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with a much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Low noise –insulated power transformers
● Power transformer is encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Choke filtered power supply for power tubes
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
● Current in-rush limiting
● Auto sequencing – Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and has been given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
● Ground switch
● Central one-point star earth grounding
● Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies which dramatically improves the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with far better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
● Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
● Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used, therefore, must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship, of which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● High quality – RCA input jack
● Special isolated – internal wiring
The high grade aluminum chassis imparts a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat ventilation chassis
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Backlit “ayon” logo
● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
● Ground switch
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Class of Operation||Triode* or Pentode mode, Class-A*|
|Tube Complement||4 x KT88 & 3 x 12AU7|
|Load Impedance||4 & 8 Ohms|
|Bandwidth||15Hz – 50kHz|
|Output Power-Pentode mode KT88||2 x 60 W|
|Output Power-Triode mode KT88||2 x 40 W|
|Input sensitivity for full power||500mV|
|Input Impedance at 1 kHz||100 KΩ|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||18.11 x 13.38 x 10.23 inches|
|Weight||77 lbs – Shipping weight 87 lbs|
Specifications subject to change without notice